TIPS FROM OUR BELLEVUE SPA MANAGER JENNIFER TO CREATE A ROMANTIC VALENTINE'S AT HOME
Take the opportunity this year to connect with nature and try something new and really be present with your loved one this Valentine's Day.
Top 3 recommendations by Jennifer, the award-winning Bellevue Spa Manager, to help deepen our connections to our partners, with a focus on overall health and mental well-being.
1. Nature and Tree Hugging
Get out together for at least a 40-minute walk, please find trees that are available for hugging. Yes, you read correctly, hugging trees, is very beneficial for us!
Hugging a tree increases levels of the hormone oxytocin. This hormone is responsible for feeling calm and emotional bonding. When hugging a tree, the hormones serotonin and dopamine make you feel happier, therefore take some time to absorb those good feelings together.
2. Couple's Meditation
Meditation is a beautiful way to experience mental alignment and can bring you both into a deep loving feeling and deepen connections.
- Sit comfortably face to face and look each other in the left eye (keep eyes open and pupils still)
- Start watching your breathing and try to synchronize your breathing with your partner’s breathing, aim for 3 deep breaths to start
- Empty your mind
- Relax, smile, and enjoy
- Be as present as you can be if your mind wanders off just return to the synchronize breathing and eye gazing.
Do this for as many minutes as you like. Give it some time to adjust, as your body and mind will need to get used it.
3. Couple's Massage
Finish the evening with a massage for the ultimate relaxation. Do not worry about not being a pro the power of touch in a gentle way will have its own soothing benefits.
- Put a small amount of warm lotion or oil on your hands. Rub your hands together so the lotion is spread evenly on your hands
- Move your hands slowly during the massage to help the person relax
- Start massaging the back at the lower back. Move your hands upward on both sides of the spine all the way to the shoulders
- Make a circular motion as you move your hands upward. Press a bit more firmly with your thumbs as you make the circles
- Move across the shoulders and start moving down the upper arms. Use less pressure as you move downward
This Valentine's send your loved one the promise of time to spend together. Spoil them with a Romantic Getaway to look forward to, Afternoon Tea overlooking Cork city or a relaxing treatment in the Bellevue Spa. See all our Gift Voucher options.