UPDATE: RE-OPENING ON JULY 20TH
As you may know, we closed our doors on the 18th of March. Due to the latest Irish Government announcements, we now have a path to reopening on July 20th and we are excited to welcome you back to The Montenotte Hotel.
In line with current Government recommendations, we are planning to reopen our Panorama Bistro & Terrace on June 29th and the hotel on July 20th.
From June 29th Panorama Bistro & Terrace will serve our All-Day menu initially to our local clientele until travel restrictions are eased further. Table reservations will be essential. While a full dining option will be available and beverages will be served to the table while you enjoy a meal, we will not be able to resume full bar service until August 10th.
We have put in place preparatory measures and guidance to assist our guests mitigate the potential risks posed to public health and our business by the Coronavirus (Covid-19). We are continuing to update our guidelines and procedures in line with HSE recommendations, to ensure we keep our guests and team safe when we reopen and afford you the peace of mind that will allow you to relax and enjoy a wonderful hotel experience while staying with us.
We are really looking forward to welcoming our guests, team members, visitors and friends back through the doors.
Brian Bowler, General Manager
THE WELL-BEING OF OUR EMPLOYEES & GUESTS
We would ask that any customers experiencing flu like symptoms or sickness to please postpone their visit to a later date. We would also ask that any customers that may have visited the countries affected by COVID-19, as updated by the HSE information here, or have been in contact with a confirmed case please postpone their visit.
We will review regularly and update as the situation evolves, keeping policies and procedures relating to Covid-19 under ongoing review. This information has been developed based on HSE and World Health Organisation Draft Guidelines and does not constitute legal advice and is purely for guidance.
We operate highest levels of cleaning as best practice and we have increased these levels throughout the hotel. We have introduced hourly sanitisation of identified touchpoints across all public areas and will continue this process going forward.
We have identified a team of management and staff to handle all issues in relation to COVID-19 and contact numbers have been shared internally.
This team will ensure appropriate communication and coordination between different departments
(front desk, housekeeping, laundry, day and night managers and food and beverage).
The Montenotte Hotel has developed a (written) preparedness plan for a suspected case(s) of COVID-19 at the hotel, covering:
• The safe isolation of any suspected case(s) of COVID-19: We have identified isolation room(s) which are located away from lifts.
We will Guide the guest(s) to an isolation room straight away and contact the Health Services Executive (see below).
We will ensure that the guest has access to communication through a room phone or mobile phone (with charger)
• If the guest has a GP / Doctor in Ireland, we will inform them that they should phone them without delay
and inform the GP of their travel history and symptoms.
• Otherwise the guest will be advised to phone 112 or 999 without delay.
• The hotel will notify the HSE by phone that a guest may have COVID-19. (Call save: 1850 24 1850, Phone: 041 6850300)
• The HSE will designate a health official who will take control of safe transfer to a hospital if required.
• In advance of response from HSE, we will attempt to identifying close contacts of the suspected case in the hotel |
and retain their contact details and location to share with the health official.
• We will lock down the original guest room until it can be professionally cleaned
• Cleaning and decontamination of affected room(s), areas, laundry, objects and safe disposal of tissues, face-masks etc. left by suspected case(s).
We will consider setting up a contract with a professional cleaning company who will be able
to provide the necessary services, if and when they are required.
Simple measures to help prevent spread of COVID-19 which we have taken in our hotel:
• We promote regular hand-washing by displaying posters in customer and employee WCs encouraging good
handwashing practice with soap and water. We have prominently displayed alcohol-based hand sanitisers in various areas
such as Hotel Reception, Leisure Reception, Breakfast Buffet, Bar & Restaurant, Spa Reception. We refill these dispensers regularly.
• We promote good respiratory hygiene by displaying posters in WCs encouraging good respiratory hygiene.
• We provide paper tissues and have closed bins for disposing of used tissues.
• We carry out regular cleaning of public areas, elevators etc. to an excellent standard using disinfectant.
Ongoing measures to reduce the impact of a COVID-19 outbreak:
• Continue with PREVENT measures (hand washing, respiratory hygiene, regular cleaning of surfaces and objects)
• We will continue to review guidance provided by the relevant authorities including the HSE, Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC)
and the Department of Foreign Affairs.
For further information, please visit HSE website or click here